San Diego is very possibly a no-go!! I’m as surprised as you are. 😉 I found out on Wednesday that the mitochondrial specialist that I got referred to is booked through the month of December.. Plus, he only sees 3-4 “adult” patients one day per month. And I just can’t really wait that long.
My G.I. system hasn’t been functioning well at all for the past 2 weeks, I’m starting to get right-sided muscle weakness, and as I wrote before, I’m losing movement in my left eye.
I also got my holter monitor results last week—I wore a holter for 48 hours, and in just that short of time, the report states I had over two thousand single premature atrial contractions (PACs) and over fifty PACs in pairs.
Plus, my sleep hasn’t been great…I often wake up in the middle of the night with sopping, sweaty legs. The holter report also said my heart rate dropped to 55 bpm during that particular night. So my neurologist ordered a sleep study for me. Unfortunately, the place is booked, so the study isn’t until September 4th.
I see my neurologist in 2 1/2 weeks and my cardiologist this coming Monday.
But anyway, back to the story. 😉 So San Diego looks like it’s not working out…no worries, though, because my geneticist in Cincinnati referred me to an even better place!!! But until I know for sure that it’s a go, I won’t be saying a word about where I may be going! 😉 Please say a prayer that this particular dr. will be willing to see me and sooner rather than later…it’s sad that there are so few mito specialists in the country.
Stay tuned! 😀